Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 16, 2010

Unite my heart to fear your name.

Verses like "I give thanks to you, O LORD my God, with my whole heart" sound so familiar to me that the meaning gets lost. My heart is divided. My focus is scattered, broken, divided, divisive. "One thing have I asked of the Lord"is a pipe dream. I can't pray it. I can't live it. Only His Spirit inside me, His grace working through me, can possibly unite my heart.

And as always, the big question – how do I get there? "Remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose." (Acts 11:23) And what does that look like? Following (not imitating) Jesus – loving Him, trusting that He is in control and working everything to my good.

Starting March 1st, I'm renting out my place to Steve and Karen Bowyer of Tucson, Arizona. I'm scared – of the (slightly smaller after yesterday) mountain of work to prepare for their arrival, and stressed about all the things that could go wrong once they're in and I'm a "landlord." But God must have orchestrated this, so I need to believe that He's got it covered. I suck at this, so... unite my heart, that I might fear Your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment