1. Where, right now, are you finding it hard to wait?
Picking up in Tripp's book right where I left off months and months ago... right now the hardest place for me to wait is with the whole house thing. Part of me wants to just get the whole thing under my control, go out there and pack everything up and make the problem go away. But not only do I know that would break me, I honestly don't think God would even let me get through it at this point. I have to wait for the assistance of friends. I am almost entirely helpless in the face of this daunting task. It is hard to wait, but God is clearly asking me to do it. I have to trust that somehow in the next two and a half weeks, God will work this out. I have to loosen my grip, ask for help, and trust that he is in control.
2. What would it look like for you to "snack throughout the day" in order for the difficulty of waiting to become an occasion of strength?
I guess this means I am supposed to continually and repeatedly, whenever I feel the stress and anxiety start to overwhelm me, go to God with my worries, repent of my lack of trust, pray for strength, read my Bible... just as the day progresses. Keep him close to me all through the day. Try to make this time of trial a chance to cement my relationship with Him. Each time it's hard to breathe, I should turn to God. Each time my eyes fill with tears, I should turn to God. I'm trying. It's an exercise; it takes practice. I lose focus so easily. But I am trying. I can't feel the strength yet, but I am trying.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment